RETIREES OCT. 08 INFO. EMAIL
Published September 30, 2008
HAPPY HOOLIGAN RETIREES'
INFO EMAIL October 2008
The Annual NDANG Retirees' breakfast at the
119th Wing Aerospace Dining Facility will be on
Wednesday, November 5th. This is the largest
gathering of retirees of the year. Jot down this
I - Looking Ahead in October.
*Wednesday, October 1st - Fargo-Moorhead area retired Hooligans' monthly breakfast, 8:00 a.m. at the Northtown Grill (I-29 &12th Ave N - Fargo).
- MajGen Mike Haugen (Ret), a member of the ANG Council for the Air Force Association, will highlight some of the current Air Force and Air Nat'l Guard issues of the day.
*Wednesday, October 8th - Semiannual WSO Reunion, 7:00 p.m., at the Auger Inn. POC: Mark Ugelstad
- A variety of pizza will be available, $7.00 each.
- Spouse/significant others are welcome.
*Saturday, October 18th - Detroit Lakes Area Hooligans' bimonthly breakfast at the Club House Hotel, 8:00 a. m.
*Friday, October 24th - The Auger Inn sponsored Beef-A-Lo Feed. Doors open at the Auger Inn at 6:00 p.m. Again, many, many prizes. Tickets are $25.00.
POC: Brad Johnson, Club Manager.
II - This 'N That.
*Tenth Annual Hooligan Memorial Golf Tournament. Craig Cain, Jim Kram, and Wally Mark participated in the tournament on September 8th. Wally took 1st place and Craig placed 3rd. Congratulations to all entrants!
*119th Wing Inspection Results. Word is that the 119th Wing did absolutely TERRIFIC in the recent inspection. Colonel Bob Becklund, Commander, acknowledges that these results proudly reflect on the foundation that the retirees provided. Congratulations to all 119th Wing personnel!
*Auger Inn Activities.
- The Auger Inn is open each Thursday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. Drop out and enjoy a refreshment and also take the opportunity to purchase one of the many Happy Hooligan articles for sale.
- The Auger Inn was also inspected during the recent inspection. The result: "Best Seen to Date". Congratulations to the club manager, Brad Johnson, and all members of the "board"!
III- On the Horizon.
*Wednesday, November 5th - Annual NDANG Retirees' Breakfast, 119th Wing Aerospace Dining Facility. The doors open at 7:00 a.m., breakfast will be served at 7:30 and the program will begin at 8:00.
- Please call a fellow retired Hooligan as a reminder of this event, as
there are some out there who are not hooked up with a computer and rely on "word of mouth".
- The Auger Inn will have Hooligan clothing and other various items for sale.
- Additional or updated info will be forwarded as received.
IV - The Other Side of the Field.
Hector Field Base Exchange.
The Base Exchange hours are 10:00 a. m. - 5:00 p. m., Monday through Friday. The BX is open on the Monday "down days"; however, the main gate may be closed until you drive up to that point for an ID check.
- There will be special sale on the October UTA weekend, 18 & 19
October. BX Hours on these dates are 10:00 a. m. - 4:00 p. m.
- Plan ahead for your Christmas shopping. It's not too early!
- A snowblower will be on display.
-Fargo Air Museum. Some special features at the Museum include an impressive collection of flying Warbirds, including a Japanese Zero, P-51 Mustang, Super Corsair, TBM Avenger, Corsair, Taylorcraft, Duggy (DC-3), and much more.
- Warm up for the NDSU Bison football home games at the Fargo Air Museum. The cost is $10.00 for adults, $6.00 for children (5 - 17 yrs), $2.00 for children 4 and under. This covers the museum entrance fee, parking while at the game, and a burger or brat and chips. Parking only: $5.00. Tailgating at the museum starts five hours prior to game time. October 4th and October 11th are the next two Bison home games.
- Amelia Earhart Lives. On Sunday, October 5th, 1:00p.m.,scholar and performer Ann Birney, a member of Ride into History, an historic performance troupe that performs throughout the U. S., will take the audience back to 1937, just before Earhart's disappearance over the Pacific Ocean. General admission is $7.00 for adults, $6.00 for seniors and military, $5.00 for children. Free admission to members of the Fargo Air Museum.
- Visit the museum's web site at www.fargoairmuseum.org