Chief Master Sergeant Bradley Childs is the 119th Wing Command Chief of the North Dakota Air National Guard. He is the commander's key enlisted advocate and advisor on readiness, training, professional development, utilization of the force, conduct and quality of life issues pertaining to all assigned enlisted personnel.
Chief Childs began his military career with the U.S Air Force beginning in September 1971. After serving as a Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Technician in several assignments including Viet Nam and Thailand, he joined the North Dakota Air National Guard in 1978 and became a full-time technician in May of 1978. He has served in the following capacities with the N.D. Air National Guard: Inertial Navigation Specialist, Precision Measurement Equipment Lab Supervisor, Maintenance Group Quality Assurance Chief, Maintenance Group Aircraft Production Superintendent, Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Chief and currently, 119th Wing Command Chief.
1972 Precision Measurement Equipment Specialist, Lowry AFB, Denver, CO
1975 Minot State University, Minot, ND
1980 Supervisor Development Course (non-residence)
1988 Noncommissioned Officer Academy (non-residence)
1992 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy (non-residence)
1996 USAF Quality Assurance Course, Andrews AFB, MD
1996 North Dakota Leadership Development Course
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one1device
Air Force Commendation Medal with one1 device
Air Force Achievement Medal with one1device
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with nine devices
Air Force Good Conduct Metal
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with nine devices
National Defense Service Medal with two devices
Vietnam Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
AF Overseas Ribbon (Short)
Air Force Longevity Service Award with seven devices
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 1 'M' Device and Gold Hourglass
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Rifle)
Air Force Training Ribbon
Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal
North Dakota State Commendation Ribbon
North Dakota State Achievement Ribbon
North Dakota Air National Guard OCONUS Ribbon
North Dakota Air National Guard Recruiting Ribbon
North Dakota National Guard Emergency Service Ribbon
North Dakota National Guard Service Ribbon with three devices
North Dakota National Guard Basic Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Staff Sergeant May 7, 1979
Technical Sergeant Dec 6, 1980
Master Sergeant April 11, 1990
Senior Master Sergeant February 15, 1995
Chief Master Sergeant March 12, 1997
Command Chief Master Sergeant August 1, 2006
1. July 1972 - July 1973, Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Technician, Viet Nam and Thailand
2. August 1973 - August 1975, Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Technician, Minot AFB, ND
3. March 1978 - December 1989, Avionics Inertial Navigation Systems Specialist, 119th Maintenance Squadron, Hector Field, Fargo, N.D.
4. December 1989 - December 1995, Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Supervisor, 119th Maintenance Squadron, Hector Field, Fargo, N.D.
5. December 1995 - June 1999, Quality Assurance Chief, 119th Maintenance Squadron, Hector Field, Fargo, N.D.
6. June 1999 - June 2001, Aircraft Production Superintendent, 119th Maintenance Squadron, Hector Field, Fargo, N.D.
7. June 2001 - August 2006, Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Chief, 119th Maintenance Squadron, Hector Field, Fargo, N.D.
8. August 2006 - Present, 119th Wing Cmmand Chief, 119th Fighter Wing, Hector Field, Fargo, N.D.
Updated April 2008