Colonel Christopher M. Domitrovich is the Vice Commander, 119th Wing, North Dakota Air National Guard. He is second in command of nearly 1,200 Air National Guard Airmen who train and execute world-class MQ-9 precision attack and reconnaissance, kinetic and non-kinetic intelligence target production and expeditionary combat support for our nation and state. Col. Domitrovich maintains qualification as an MQ-9 pilot and provides incident awareness and assessment as directed by the Governor, along with precision attack and reconnaissance for combatant commanders.
Col. Domitrovich is a graduate of the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, N.D., and was commissioned in November 2003 through the Academy of Military Science at McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn. Col. Domitrovich has experience in a variety of operational assignments, contingency operations and headquarters staff assignments. He has flown combat sorties in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. He is a 2015 graduate of the National Intelligence University, Washington, D.C., and a 2020 graduate of the U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I. Prior to his current assignment, Col. Domitrovich served as the Deputy Commander, 119th Operations Group, Fargo, N.D. He is a native of Fargo, N.D.
2001 Bachelor of Science degree in Commercial Aviation, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, N.D.
2009 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2015 Master of Science of Strategic Intelligence, National Intelligence University, Washington, D.C.
2017 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2020 Master of Arts in National Security & Strategic Studies, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1. March 2004 – April 2005, Student, Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. April 2005 – July 2005, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. July 2005 – February 2006, F-16 Basic Operational Training Course, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. February 2006 – December 2006, F-16 Mission Pilot, Fargo, N.D.
5. December 2006 – January 2010, C-21A Instructor Pilot, Chief of Squadron Scheduling, Fargo, N.D.
6. January 2010 – August 2011, C-21A Instructor Pilot, Chief of Squadron Training, Fargo, N.D.
7. August 2011 – July 2013, C-21A Instructor Pilot, Operations Group Commander Executive Officer, Fargo, N.D.
8. November 2013 – July 2014, MQ-1B Mission Pilot, Assistant Flight Commander, Fargo, N.D.
9. July 2014 – July 2015, Student, In-Residence Intermediate Developmental Education, National Intelligence University, Washington, D.C.
10. July 2015 – December 2015, Action Officer, Director, Air National Guard Action Group, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. December 2015 – June 2016, Executive Officer to the Acting Director, Air National Guard, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. June 2016 – July 2017, NGB A5/8/9 C2ISR Programmer, Air National Guard Readiness Center, Joint Base Andrews, M.D.
13. July 2017 – January 2018, Maintenance Officer/MQ-9 Mission Pilot, Fargo, N.D.
14. February 2018 – July 2019, Maintenance Squadron Commander/MQ-9 Mission Pilot, Fargo, N.D.
15. July 2019 – July 2020, Student, In-Residence Senior Developmental Education, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
16. July 2020 – March 2021, Deputy Commander, 119th Operations Group/MQ-9 Mission Pilot, Fargo, N.D.
17. March 2021 – Present, Vice Commander/MQ-9 Mission Pilot, 119th Wing, Fargo, N.D.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 2,500
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38, F-16 A/B/C/D, C-21A, MQ-1B, and MQ-9
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant November 21, 2003
First Lieutenant November 21, 2005
Captain November 21, 2007
Major August 22, 2012
Lieutenant Colonel May 24, 2017
Colonel June 24, 2021
(Current as of August 2021)