Prior Service Requirements
Published October 07, 2012
PROCEDURES FOR ENLISTMENT IN THE AIR NATIONAL GUARD
*There is no obligation until the day of enlistment when the Oath is taken*
1. Call the North Dakota Air National Guard Recruiting Office at 1-800-972-8825 or (701) 451-2238 to schedule an appointment for an initial interview.
2. To be eligible:
- You must be able to complete 20 good years of service before reaching age 60.
- You can retain rank up to E-5.
- If you don't have a current military physical, you will need to complete one at MEPS
- If your current military job does not convert to a job in the Air National Guard, retraining may be available.
3. To continue processing, provide your recruiter with the following items:
- Driver License
- Personnel Record RIP/SURF (computer printout of service data)
- Current military physical
- Performance Reports
- DD Form(s) 214/215 (record of active duty regardless of component)
- NGB Form(s) 22 (record of Army/Air National Guard service)
- DD Form 4 (enlistment contract)
- Fitness Test Results
ADDRESS: 119 WG/FSR
1400 32nd AVENUE NORTH
FARGO, ND 58102-1051